FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save for Web grayed out

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Taylor
Save for Web grayed out
on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:31:52 pm

Just today I noticed that the File option "Save for Web" is grayed out and unresponsive. Also, "Save a Version" and "Jump to" are grayed out, but I never use those so don't know if they have changed.

A couple of weeks ago I transferred my licensed copy of PS CS2 to a new computer, and successfully activated it, and it's been working fine. I think today is the first time I've tried to do Web work since then, but can't be certain, so I don't know if the transfer is the point where this stopped working.

Anyone know how to get this back?

Scott

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Save for Web grayed out
on Dec 21, 2007 at 12:44:54 am

If you go under help >> is activate greyed out?

Is your image 32 bit?

Not sure where you are getting save a version or jump from. I am on Photoshop CS2 and I have the evil version que disabled.

Return to posts index

Scott Taylor
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:50:52 am

Yes, Activate and Register are both grayed out in the Help menu. Activation went smoothly and there have been no (other) problems since.

All images are 8 bit.

"Save a version" and "Jump" are other options in the File menu, which are also grayed out. I only mentioned them because they are in the same menu; I have no idea if they are relevant.

Don't know what you mean by the "evil version que".

Any other ideas? Online help has proved useless.

Scott

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 21, 2007 at 3:34:17 pm

The activation seems to be good since it is greyed out. Since I do not have save as a version or jump, my best guess is this comes from version que, which is something Adobe will install unless you uncheck it during the install process. The general consensu about version que is that it does more harm, than good.

Try resetting your preferences or remove version que if you do not use it.

Return to posts index

Scott Taylor
on Dec 21, 2007 at 5:53:27 pm

This was installed originally as a standalone version of PS CS2, not part of Creative Suite, so I don't believe version queue was ever part of it (I see no evidence of it). Don't know why you don't see those other choices in the File menu; Jump points to more choices which I can't see because it's grayed out. I trashed preferences with no effect.

I discovered something else - my Filters menu is very much truncated from what it is supposed to have in it. Not just grayed out; the bulk of the filters are just not there. I am suspecting that my "migration" from the other computer was incomplete and I'm going to have to reinstall to get everything back. I tried an online update from 9.0 (current) to 9.0.2 and it went fine until the very end when it said that it failed - no further explanation. I hate that.

I am nervous about the activation process after I reinstall; Adobe has gotten very picky with DRM. It wll be to the same computer that it is currently activated on; will the reinstall recognize that, or will I get into an ugly loop of having to deactivate first on the same computer?

Thanks for any wisdom.

Scott

Return to posts index

Scott Taylor
Re: Save for Web grayed out RESOLVED
on Dec 21, 2007 at 7:08:31 pm

Resintalling did the trick, restored Save for Web and all the right filters. Activation not an issue, didn't come up. All is well, thanks for suggestions.

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]