FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding HTML info to photoshop slice

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVillasmil
Adding HTML info to photoshop slice
on Nov 9, 2007 at 9:29:44 pm

Hello everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this post. i am using Photoshop to prepare newsletter HTML email that i send using Entourage. i am trying to simplify the way i do it.

Right know i create the image i want people to see, add the html link by double clicking the slice (using the "select slice" tool) and export html and images using "Save for web". then i have to edit the HTML to change the source where the image is going to be found, to the right absolute URL.

The question is, can i modify the HTML or give the source info before i export in photoshop??? this would save me the extra step of editing the HTML elsewhere.

Thanks,

Dvillasmil

Return to posts index

Chris Lupetti
Re: Adding HTML info to photoshop slice
on Nov 9, 2007 at 10:26:22 pm

I hope I understand your question correctly.

If you have a image that you want to change just get the exact width and height of the photoshop file in pixels. Design what you want and rename it exactly what it was before in the same format (Jpeg or gif). Then replace the already existing file with the newer version.. Don't forget to back up the previous photoshop image. The html will still be looking for the /image/ file. It will see the new file now.

Return to posts index

DVillasmil
Re: Adding HTML info to photoshop slice
on Nov 12, 2007 at 9:04:19 pm

Maybe i did not explain myself clearly, i apologize for that, english is not my first language. i will attemp to walk you through the process to see if you can understand it.

when creating HTML newsletters, we create HTML code that refers the image (HREF) to a link on a website, at the same time, the image itself is on a web site (SRC), and what people see in their email, is a reference of this image in a server.

when we create this html, there is a line that reads (in this example):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]