FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time and Money

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Underbelly
Time and Money
on Nov 7, 2007 at 4:15:45 pm

Here is an odd Photoshop question, My company has recently upgraded from CS to CS3, skipping CS2. Now me and my boss want to send the whole art department to a raining class. Things like smart objects, smart filters, warp and countless other advantages are not being utilized. I gave my boss a large list of all the advantages in the CS3.

But he says that not enough. He must show the higher-ups in the company how we will save time and money my training.

Does anyone have any idea's.

Thanks much!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Time and Money
on Nov 7, 2007 at 4:44:47 pm

which industry

Return to posts index

Underbelly
on Nov 7, 2007 at 5:22:35 pm

Sorry. That would help!

Were in Graphic design. We make Educational toys. We do everything from design the toys to packaging and instructions to catalogs.

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:11:20 am

I would strongly suggest contacting Jeff Rothberg at the Future Media Concepts office in New York. They do customized training onsite and have a money back guarantee.

The features you guys want are tough.... and knowing how to use them saves a ton of time

It's like these... you can buy a caveman power tools... but if you don't teach him how to use them...

I have done training for major companies... all of the "big" ones seem to get it. Why by a tool if you won't show folks how to use it.

FMC can make the pitch and set up a custom program that matches their needs.

Return to posts index

Underbelly
on Nov 8, 2007 at 12:04:59 pm

Thanks but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Most of the folks I work with know CS pretty well. We upgraded to CS3 and we would like to get training on it since there are a lot of new features in Photoshop since CS. Personally I study PS on my own and am learning CS3 on my own but we have 14 others who could use trainin.

We have a great training place by us (Chicago) so that's not a problem.

The problem is, we have to justify it. Not just way we want to learn it but how training will benifit the company.

I can say, Smart Objects are something we should know, but the money people will ask, yes, but what are the benifits to us? The art department seems to be getting along jst fine right now, why should we train? Remember, these guys can barely work their PDA, let alone understand photoshop.

So bottom line, if you know of a way for me to explain to my bosses how CS3 training could have them money, I could use it.

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
on Nov 9, 2007 at 3:44:34 pm

Hi ,
If you don't mind, let me throw in my 2 cents worth.
If money does play a role, there's some very reasonable training online available, that your whole art department certainly would benefit from.

I'm not sure if I can name any sites on this forum, but I have my design department signed up with a site, that costs $25 per month to watch step by step tutorials and training for pretty much any programm out there. You can also sign up for a year and you will also get all the files used in the training. The site is named after a lady, who foundet the site....dubbleudubbleudubbleudotLYNDAdotc.m ( you get the idea).

Invite your administartors to one of the sessions and they will see for themself, how many new features in CS3 will give your graphics a new fresh look in less time, than if you would keep working in CS.

Just one feature I want to mention is the 3d capability of Photoshop, where you can import 3d models and keep working in "3d" in PS.
It will give your graphics a fresh new look.....bring the 2-dimensional print design to a new
level..from blah to wow.

Oh, and the above site is not the only one out there, there are many excellent sites that provide training for very little money.

Your designers even could study at home , after work, when they have time, and then come to work and use their new learned "tricks"
take care and good luck convincing those burocrats that design ALWAYS should be a progressive medium.

Adi

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:27:19 pm

Dont know why we are pussyfootin' around lyndadotcom. I find it an invaluable asset. Deke Mclelland does a bunch of the tuts and they are as entertaining as informative.
He has 1.5 hours on the new features of CS3.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 14, 2007 at 12:16:26 am

There is a free podcast series on iTunes called Photoshop CS3 Sneak Peak

1.5 hours.. its free

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]