FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I paste unformatted text into Photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mattness
How do I paste unformatted text into Photoshop?
on Nov 5, 2007 at 7:01:33 pm

I posted this in the Photoshop basics forum, but thought I would post it here as well as it seems like more people read this. I have one of those niggling little problems with photoshop that is probably something obvious, but I haven't been able to figure out and never got around to asking.

I have used photoshop for years, and it used to be that when you copied and pasted text into photoshop only the text would be copied, and it would take on the formatting of the text layer it was pasted into.

In later versions, copying and pasting text copies and pastes the formatting of the text as well as just the text. This may be a function of the modern operating systems cause it happens when I paste text into email or word processing documents as well. This "feature" really bugs me because more often than not, I don't want to copy the formatting and want to paste the text into the document's existing formatting. It takes me an extra step to change the formatting back. Some applications have a "paste unformatted text" option, but I can find no such option for photoshop. Does anyone no how to do this with photoshop? Its really bugging me today.

Thanks,

-Matt

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: How do I paste unformatted text into Photoshop?
on Nov 6, 2007 at 3:07:33 pm

Hi Matt

I just tried this in CS3 on Mac. I typed a phrase in Word and then selected it and cut it out. Then I went to PS CS3 and chose the type tool and then pasted. The phrase pasted into the PS file using the last font attributes selected.
In Word I used Papyrus but Hypatia was chosen in PS so the phrase pasted in Hypatia. I had a little difficulty getting the Mac to cut from Word, but once it did PS did fine. HTH

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Charleen Haugen
Re: How do I paste unformatted text into Photoshop?
on Feb 29, 2008 at 10:44:54 pm

Look at this website. I have had the same problem and this was the answer.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.1de55022

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]