FORUMS: list search recent posts

digital camera in for immediate feedback

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stuntgirl
digital camera in for immediate feedback
on Oct 28, 2007 at 12:41:33 pm

am looking to set up a camera/studio where I can see directly what was just shot; I'm NOT looking to download and preview, but, a situation where I can shoot, and see the shot immediately on my computer screen. Is this software as well as a cable in situation?...
I am running mac os10.4, CS3 extended, with digital SLR's (nikon D70, 80, Fuji s2Pros.

thanks......

Return to posts index

Chris Lupetti
Re: digital camera in for immediate feedback
on Oct 28, 2007 at 12:57:05 pm

Hi,
I just tried searching Google to see if this can be done. If it can I didn't find it. On the other hand, if it can, you still have to download the image from your camera's memory to your hard drive so it won't be an immediate preview. I will continue to search.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 28, 2007 at 5:54:34 pm

I haven't done it in a while, mostly because the cable was too much in the way for the kind of stuff I do, but Canon's EOS capture will let you control the camera from the computer and immediately open shots in a decent sized preview window. From there it's up to you to open the image in Photoshop, but the image IS stored on your hard drive already. Surely Nikon must have something extremely similar, right?

One other reason I haven't used this in a while is that EOS Capture was somewhat buggy -- worked great for a while and then didn't. Not exactly the kind of thing I want happening during a shoot with a client looking over my shoulder.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 28, 2007 at 7:24:25 pm

It's called shooting tethered... usually requires software and a USB cable

Varies by manufacturer... usually used with Adobe Lightroom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]