FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I create this amazing effect?!!!?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pcitydesign
How do I create this amazing effect?!!!?
on Oct 21, 2007 at 4:41:58 pm

Hi, I am looking to find out how to recreate this amazing effect. I've added a couple of pictures for reference. I want to create the faded "glowy" lines. I know how to create the sparkles. For the transparent lines, I tried to use solids with gradients but could not achieve the look i was going for. Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: How do I create this amazing effect?!!!?
on Oct 22, 2007 at 1:58:25 pm

use a square marquee, then select gradient tool, then select opaque to transparent, then make a gradient you like, then command+T to rotate it and the erase tool to shape it. You can adjust opacity to soften the opaque part of the gradient. Do this as many times (layers) as it takes to make the effect you want then put the layers under the main guy. The gradient can be white or color depending on what's in your color selection. Scott Selby has a good tips & tricks book available from NAPP and several other authors as well that can give you ideas and ways to do things.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: How do I create this amazing effect?!!!?
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:20:38 pm

I would suggest making the gradient white-to-black in a layer mask so that you can shape the lines independently of coloring them. Also make sure you use the Linear Dodge blending mode =)

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]