FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop "Copy"

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wilder212
Photoshop "Copy"
on Oct 20, 2007 at 11:46:33 pm

So I've been a Photoshop user for a long time now but there's one thing that's been driving me nuts for years and I've yet to pose the question to a forum.

When you copy a layer in Photoshop, it automatically labels that layer as "...copy". I hate this. Is there any way to turn this off or an action script maybe that erases all the words "copy" from your layer names.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Photoshop "Copy"
on Oct 22, 2007 at 1:28:57 pm

You may not have noticed it, but the pop-up window that comes up when you make a duplicate layer is highlighted so you can immediately rename the layer as you make the copy.
I make my duplicate layers in the layers folder on the right with channels and paths by right clicking the options there rather than the layer pulldown. In that same layers folder you can double click the title of that layer and call it anything you want. If you do this as you create the layer copies you won't go nuts.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:23:07 pm

If you use Cmd-J (ctrl-j on a PC) then there is no dialog.

I do agree that it is a pain to have MyLayer copy copy 15 hanging around in your PSD, and I too am guilty of not naming my layers in a more intuitive manner, but just think of it as a way for Adobe to encourage you to (re)name your layers logically =)

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

cadenas
on Oct 24, 2007 at 6:35:42 pm

What about when you duplicate a folder with a bunch of layers in it and don't want "copy" to be added to all of the layers inside?

thanks

Return to posts index

cadenas
on Oct 24, 2007 at 6:47:01 pm

I have a quick work around for now

right click, duplicate and drop into a new document and then drag it back into my original

works well enough, but let me know if there's a way to do it within the same document

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]