FORUMS: list search recent posts

use SSD as a scratch disk in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
theconartist
use SSD as a scratch disk in photoshop
on Oct 7, 2007 at 12:53:46 pm

I am using Photoshop CS3 on a MBP with a 16gb lexar SSD card - and want to use the SSD card as an extra scratchdisk for photoshop. Unfortunately PS does not recognize the SSD as a hard drive and thus, does not allow it to be used as a scratch disk. Any idea why this occurs? How can i change this (utility, preference, etc), or is this just something I'll have to wait + hope for in CS4?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: use SSD as a scratch disk in photoshop
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:40:13 pm

Not sure what a MBP is unless that is a MPB Mac Power Book. I do not have an SSD card, but your idea sounds good as the Express slot is fast so it could make a good fast scratch disk as compared to a not so good idea like using a zip drive.

How is you SSD card formatted? You may want to try formatting it to Mac Journaled or something else and try that. The mac reads PC formatted disks, but Photoshop might not like that for scratch disks. This is just a guess, so I hope it help out.

Can I inquire why you want to use the SSD card for scratch. Is you hard drive full or do you want to use a drive that will wipe out to zero after using and be unfragmented?

Return to posts index

theconartist
Re: use SSD as a scratch disk in photoshop
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:45:10 pm

I know scratch disks make photoshop faster. I have a regular HD in my MBP and an expresscard SSD. Thats extra memory I can use. I thought it would speed up photoshop. thats it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]