FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Action/Droplet

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gollux
Photoshop Action/Droplet
on Oct 2, 2007 at 1:26:37 am

What I want to do.

Export and image sequence out of a video app, let just say Quicktime for kicks. Let's also say it's 120 frames for somewhere to start.

Then create a droplet/action that will take each image in the folder where the sequence is stored, and in order; open, select all, resize/transform, copy/and paste into as many 8.5x11 docs at 300 dpi as it takes. The images could be in order from top to bottom or from left to right. There would be 8 images per page.

It's occurs to me that perhaps resizing each image as the first step may be the way to go with the action. Ideally it would be great to be able to make this a batch style function where you could run it on the whole folder

Is this even possible or should I just suck up the fact of doing this manually? I don't know where to start. Just figured I would ask. I need to do this with many quicktime movies. And just thought maybe investing sometime in automation might be worth it.

If my query isn't clearly expressed or maybe you need more info please let me know.

Many Thanx,

G

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Photoshop Action/Droplet
on Oct 2, 2007 at 2:45:43 pm

Export your quicktime movie to frames for each file from your video application. The go to Photoshop.

File >> automate >> contact Sheet II.

Then change the settings to disbale filename captions and set the amount of space you want between items.

Return to posts index

Gollux
Re: Photoshop Action/Droplet
on Oct 2, 2007 at 3:13:44 pm

Thx Mike,

I'll try that and let you know how it turned out.

Cheers,

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]