FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sketch effect

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VPeartree
Sketch effect
on Sep 20, 2007 at 6:07:46 pm

Hi,

I'm an Amateur and trying to do this effect and was hoping you could help.

I have a picture of a house but I want it to look like it was drawn. How do I do this?

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Sketch effect
on Sep 20, 2007 at 6:16:36 pm

Since you posted here I guess that you do have Photoshop.
If that is the case look at the filter pulldown and experiment on your picture. You may have to cut the house out of the surrounding background to be able to effect the filter so the help pulldown should help you figure out how to cut and paste. Learn all you can about layers. They allow you to do a lot in PS. Best of luck

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Twitchmonkey
Re: Sketch effect
on Sep 27, 2007 at 1:30:40 am

Aye, there are many different ways of handling this, none of which are particularly convincing, but the one that will work best depends heavily on the image you're working with. Generally speaking, you will probably want to use a "black & white" adjustment layer, add a low intensity texture, and use one or more of the artistic filters. Again, if the pictures looks even close to an actual pencil drawing, it's usually a fluke. People will think you used a cool filter, but you won't be fooling anyone. Paintings on the other hand, are quite fun and convincing using Photoshop, but you're going to have to get your hands a little dirty with some manual labor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]