FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS and printed color don't match

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
glasshalffull
PS and printed color don't match
on Sep 9, 2007 at 9:49:26 pm

What adjustments do I need to make to get my printer (Xerox Phaser 8200) to print the true colors that I see on the photoshop screen? WHen I print now using the standard settings they aren't even close.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: PS and printed color don't match
on Sep 12, 2007 at 12:26:57 am

Load the color profile for your printer... look at color management in the help menu... tell the printer to handle color management in the print dialog box (choose Print with Preview)

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: PS and printed color don't match
on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:46:27 pm

[glasshalffull] "What adjustments do I need to make to get my printer (Xerox Phaser 8200) to print the true colors that I see on the photoshop screen?"

The question is: what adjustments do you need to make to get Photoshop to show you what your printer will print?

As Richard says, you should see if you can get a color profile for your device (printer). You can use that to create a Custom Proof setting (View>Proof Setup>Custom...)

In this dialog, make sure that your Rendering Intent is set to Absolute Colorimetric (this is a preview of what your image will look like after it is printed, not the final image rendered for the printer). In addition, the paper you use in the printer will have an effect on the color output, so you could check 'Simulate Paper Color' at this stage.

When printing you should use either Perceptual or Relative Colorimetric as your rendering intent. For more information here's an article:

http://www.newsandtech.com/issues/2004/03-04/pt/03-04_rendering.htm

I must admit that I am not as well versed in rendering intents as I'd like to be, anyone that can further clarify would be welcome!

Remember, however, that what you see in Photoshop will always be an approximation of what you see when you print.

Print rough drafts to see what you need to change in your PSD to get the result you're looking for.

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]