FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phonographic Symbol - not poss in Photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Phillips
Phonographic Symbol - not poss in Photoshop?
on Jul 25, 2007 at 12:31:19 pm

Just come up against a little surprise - I can't seem to get the (p) circled P symbol to work in photoshop (on mac), which is where I do my titles and menus for video. When I select it from the special characters palette, it comes in as a ?. I am using gill sans and it seems to do the same on Arial. Are there any fonts that are supported ..... or can anyone advise how I can get this to work?Thanks!

Martin.

Return to posts index

Leigh Jewell
Re: Phonographic Symbol - not poss in Photoshop?
on Jul 26, 2007 at 8:39:25 pm

There are only a few fonts that have the circle P available. HypatiaSansPro and Lucida Grande do as well as Apple Symbols.
The only way that I have found to access the character is to open Special Characters from the Edit Menu in the finder. It will be under Letterlike Symbols. Choose the font you want to use. Go to Photoshop, while in type mode double click on the character in Finder's Character Palette.
(I'm on a Mac using Photoshop CS3 and this worked fine.)

HTH

Leigh

Return to posts index

Jon Hernon
Re: Phonographic Symbol - not poss in Photoshop?
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:49:12 pm

Martin,

I realize this post is several years old, but I was looking around trying to find the answer to your question, and I was able to figure it out. The font "Apple Symbols" has the "circle p" character. If you bring up the font book, select Apple Symbols, and under the Preview pulldown menu select Repertoire, it will be in that listing.

As to how to get that symbol into whatever you are working with, it depends on the tool you are using. Most likely it will be some sort of "insert symbol" or "insert character" option on a pulldown menu. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]