FORUMS: list search recent posts

resize to 3000px only if bigger, not smaller

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Old Man In The Garden
resize to 3000px only if bigger, not smaller
on Jul 23, 2007 at 9:46:46 pm

Is there a way, when running a batch or using the image processor, to limmit the size of a file to 3000px only if it exceeds that? I don't want to res up any little files, I need to save as much space as possible.

Windows XP, Photoshop CS2

Thanks

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: resize to 3000px only if bigger, not smaller
on Jul 24, 2007 at 1:17:50 am

There's likely a better solution than this, but...
Could you separate your images into 3 batches/folders:
1-Same size
2-Scale to 3000 Horiz.
3-Scale to 3000 Vert.

Create an appropriate action for each batch?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jul 24, 2007 at 2:02:33 am

I believe there is a function in the Automate menu that will do this for you. Unfortunately I don't recall what the name of it is right now =) I think it's "Fit Image" or something similar. You can create an action that uses this feature then run a Batch using that action, I'd recommend not saving over your source files until you're sure that you're getting the desired results!

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

Old Man In The Garden
on Jul 24, 2007 at 2:38:06 pm

Here's the thing, I have 11 folders, each containing 20-30 folders, each containging 10-100 images. This is the collection of images from our new catalog. I'd like to put all the images on a single DVD while keeping the existing folder structure. Currently the whole catalog is about 200gig. I've been going into each sub folder and runing image processor and then just deleting the TIFs and PSDs but this will take me a couple of days and I'd love to just run a batch overnight.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]