FORUMS: list search recent posts

stretching an image inward/shrinking hub on a DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chadmw7
stretching an image inward/shrinking hub on a DVD
on Jul 11, 2007 at 1:52:13 pm

I have an old image that I've been using to print one of our DVDs and our new batch of DVDs has a larger print surface that goes further into the hub than the last batch. Problem is that the only image we have is blank in the center to allow for the hub and it doesn't print all the way to the center on these new DVDs.

I'm thinking there has to be a way in Photoshop that I can "stretch" this image inward into the hub so that it covers the whole surface.

I've tried selecting the hub, then select inverse and free transform but it won't give me controls in the center circle to pull it inward. It just allows me to grab the controls on the outside of the whole DVD which doesn't help.

Does anybody know of a way I can get this done without having to try to use the cloning tool in the center?(the image is too intricate to make it look good this way)

Does this even make sense?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: stretching an image inward/shrinking hub on a DVD
on Jul 13, 2007 at 10:56:42 pm

Sounds like your art is for a disk with hub/inner diameter of, say 43mm, and you want to print to a disk with a hub/inner diameter of, say 22mm. Correct?
I would have suggested the clone tool.:( And perhaps, using the Eye Dropper to pick color from the source and the Brush Tool to paint details on a new layer.
If this is not an option, could you put a circle solid over the area in question, black or of a dark color pulled from the source art. Than, put text on a circular path containing some DVD program information - NTSC Full Screen 86min. 2007

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]