FORUMS: list search recent posts

Full Car Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lowtech
Full Car Graphic
on Jul 2, 2007 at 6:14:22 pm

Hello C.C.Us
I Need some Creative Advice on a huge new project i just got. I need to do a full vinyl graphic for a large bus. The problem is that the client wants the base paint to show still be visible over a large amount of the bus. The base color of the bus is silver. What i want to do is only skin the bottom half of the bus with a gradient at the top. the vinyl would have to be clear. The other issue is that it is a very curvy surface. I have seen some crappy skins on cars and i just dont want this to look like crap because it will in the public spot light. Also i know there is skin files for different cars and trucks out there but i cant seem to find any for what im working on. does any one know if a data base for this kind of file? or is that something i need to get from the dealer or bus company?
I will take any advice or guidance on this project. It is a huge undertaking for some one that has never done it before. but i know if can be done.

Cheers
Lowtech

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
Re: Full Car Graphic
on Jul 2, 2007 at 10:59:37 pm

I'd start by talking to the "printing" company and see what the specs are for these projects, how the templates are submitted. I would ask to actually consult with the image tech at the printing place, not a sales person. they know what works and what does not.

Return to posts index

Lowtech
Re: Full Car Graphic
on Jul 3, 2007 at 2:41:31 pm

cool, that is what i was planning on doing. Do you know of any pit falls i should watch out for?

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]