FORUMS: list search recent posts

updating smart objects - nasty anti-aliasing....?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
updating smart objects - nasty anti-aliasing....?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 2:09:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone's got a fix for this...

When I make a smart object, then transform>scale - it looks fine on my PC monitor and broadcast monitor. If I then go in to edit that smart object, save and return to my main comp it more often than not ends up with really nasty anti-aliasing on the scaled smart object.

The thing I don't get is that it doesn't always do it..I can edit my SmOb and then save>close and return and it's fine, then if I do the EXACT thing again (after going back in my history) it doesn't!?!

I've tried varios combinations of save and close, or not close, etc...and it's randomly doing this. VERY annoying!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Jim.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: updating smart objects - nasty anti-aliasing....?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 7:51:38 pm

If your smart object is composed of vector elements than you should get a good image. If you smart object contins bitmapped elemnts, than you can get a bad looking edge due to the aliasing coming form a lo res source.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: updating smart objects - nasty anti-aliasing....?
on Jun 19, 2007 at 3:57:00 pm

Hi Mike,

In this case it's a larger raster image (photo) that I've turned into a SmOb so I can scale it down, but then have the option of scaling it back up if the client changes their mind (instead of having to reimport the full sized image every time I need to change something)

The scaled down SmOb looks fine initially...it's when I double click the thumbnail and edit contents THEN go back to my main document that it looks nasty..I'd understand if it always did it, but it's really random!

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]