FORUMS: list search recent posts

opening images in order shot

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hawaiicmw
opening images in order shot
on Jun 7, 2007 at 5:14:04 pm

With cs2 I want to adjust a series of raw images, in the order shot. But when I select, say, 50 to open, in the window they appear in a seemingly totally haphazard order. This makes adjusting images take considerably longer because shots taken under the same lighting conditions do not appear together. So I can't adjust the first image taken under a certain lighting condition and easily synchronize the others, since they are all over the place. I can't find anything in prefrences to change this or determine what criteria photoshop is using to decide the order. Same thing with opening a series of jpeg images on the desktop. Please help. Power Mac G5, OSX 10.4.9.

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: opening images in order shot
on Jun 8, 2007 at 2:30:05 pm

If you have Photoshop CS2, I'm assuming that you have the Creative Suite, use Adobe Bridge (part of the Creative Suite) to open ( and mange ) your images and files.

You can organize, label, rate, rename etc. your images there. I use Adobe Bridge to manage all my media files( image, video, sound) and other documents like pdf.

So, if you have a bunch of pictures that you need to open in a specific order, Bridge will do that for you. Bridge is very easy to use and Adobe is improving the Aplication with every new release.

Hope that helps.
Adi

Return to posts index

hawaiicmw
on Jun 8, 2007 at 10:22:24 pm

Can you please be more specific. How do I open them in Bridge in a certain order? Also, I would like to not have to use Bridge if I don't have to. What criteria is Photoshop using to open the images in a seemingly haphazard order? Is there an order I'm not seeing, like image size? Obviously it's not by image name or they would be in the chronological order I want...

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
on Jun 9, 2007 at 7:15:20 pm

I'm sure there are more than one way to get the desired result, but here's how I would approach it in Photoshop.

1: Record an ACTION: In the Action Window click the little triangle in the upper right hand corner and choose NEW ACTION.
Name the Action, so you recognize it later (i.e "open sequence") and click RECORD ACTION.

2: With the action recording, just open any picture, then once open, in the action window
click STOP RECORDING/PLAYING (the little black square at the bottom of the action window.

Done!

Now in PS choose FILE..AUTOMATE..BATCH and choose your action that you just recorded
(i.e. "open sequence"). It'll ask you to specify a picture source folder and a destination folder.
If you just want to open the pictures set Destination to NONE...that'll just open them.
Click OK and your images will open in whatever order they were sorted in the VIEW menue. (name, creation date etc.)

In Adobe Bridge it's even easier:

In Bridge in the browser window, you can sort pictures just by dragging them to a new spot. You can select a whole range of pictures (by eithershift-clicking, or command-clicking and they will open in their respective order.

Bridge is a great program to manage your assets, and it keeps getting better and better.

But than again, that's just my opinion.

Hope that helps!

Adi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]