FORUMS: list search recent posts

Up-Res question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PDPost
Up-Res question
on Jun 6, 2007 at 12:38:00 am

Hello,

I have a JPG of the inside of a car, taken from the back seat. I'm trying to up-res it so that I can see the mileage on the odometer.

Would anyone be willing to knock this out for me? If so, please eMail your eMail address to me at PD@PDPost.com or just let me know it via this post and I'll send it right to you.

Thank you very much
-Pat

G5 Quad 2.5 Desktop with 4GB Ram, 500GB HD & Fiber Card ~
30" Cinema Display & 17" Sony SVGA ~
Swift Data 200 Internal 1.6TB SATA II RAID 0 ~
AJA Io LA ~
Final Cut Studio ~
Sony UVW-1800 Beta-SP ~~~

P D Post Productions, Inc. ~
TV~DVD~VHS~CD~WEB
for Corporate Communications, Commercials, Infomercials, Television Programs, Family Occasions since 1983 ~
E-mail PD@PDPost.com ~
Website http://www.PDPost.com ~
Business/Cell Phone (847) 275-5671

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen (wuzelwazel)
Re: Up-Res question
on Jun 6, 2007 at 7:14:29 pm

Unless the camera was focused on the plane where the odometer resides, and you were either zoomed in or close enough to the odometer to make it take up more than 1/1000th of the picture, and you were using a pretty nice camera, this sounds pretty nearly impossible.

I can tell you, however, that a series of small transformations will have less of a disastrous effect than one large one in Photoshop. Instead of scaling something up by 100% try scaling it up by 10% 7 or 8 times (which will not be exactly 200% larger, but close) and you should save some detail. However, depending on the clarity of your source picture (as previously mentioned) this may not help you much.

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]