FORUMS: list search recent posts

Whats the easiest way to create a stripy texture?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DanielHaskett
Whats the easiest way to create a stripy texture?
on May 9, 2007 at 11:51:06 am

Hi there

Basically I just want to create a flat texture with lots of lines all the same distance apart...a bit like they have on the left here http://www.humanresourcesmagazine.com/home/index.cfm

I know i could make one line and then duplicate it many times and space them apart but i just wondered if there would be an easier way, or at least an easier way of making sure they are all spaced evenly?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Return to posts index

Astanin
Re: Whats the easiest way to create a stripy texture?
on May 9, 2007 at 4:53:34 pm

well you can create like 3 lines with grid on so you know its evenly spaced then copy and paste and then copy those and paste it shouldnt take longer than 10 mins

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen (wuzelwazel)
on May 10, 2007 at 4:26:39 am

Even better:

If you want the lines to be horizontal, 2 pixels apart and 1 pixel thick each, make a 1 x 3 pixel PSD.

Fill the top pixel with the color of your choice (this will be the color of the line) and leave the bottom white (if you want the empty space to be white, otherwise you could remove the background and make the empty space transparent).

Then go to Edit > Define Pattern...

You can name the pattern anything you want and it will now be accesible in layer styles and as an option when you Fill (Shift-F5) and choose to use a pattern.

For vertical lines you would make the comp 3 x 1 and put the pixel on the left side. Of course if you want more space you should make the PSD bigger: the thickness of the line + the empty space between.

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

DanielHaskett
on May 14, 2007 at 12:04:55 pm

awesome man, thanks alot, thats a great feature!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]