FORUMS: list search recent posts

baking overlay blend layer to all layers? how?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hannah
baking overlay blend layer to all layers? how?
on May 2, 2007 at 2:26:18 pm

Hi, i'm wondering if photoshop can do this somehow.
I have a scene with about 100+ layers. I've added 'lighting' layers on top such as blanket white overlays, soft lights, and painted color multiplys to touch up the entire scene.

What i need is a way to crunch down, or bake, these 'lighting' layer blendings to all the layers under it. Basically applying the new lighitng and shadows ive painted onto all the individual layers.

I hope i make sense
Thanks
Ryan

Return to posts index

wuzelwazel
Re: baking overlay blend layer to all layers? how?
on May 2, 2007 at 3:36:24 pm

If I understand you, you have some global highlights/shadows on a few layers with overlay/soft light blend modes and you want the global highlight/shadow layers to be integrated into each of the underlying layers individually... If this is the case you have some annoying work ahead of you involving duplicating the highlight/shadow layers, putting them over each layer with a clipping mask and merging them down.

But this makes me wonder why you need each of the layers to have this highlight/shadow information 'baked' into it while still keeping the layers discrete. What are you going to do with this PSD?

Return to posts index

Ryan Hannah
on May 2, 2007 at 4:14:48 pm

yup, thats right.
i realize all the work involved in doing it by hand, mabey i can make some sorta action but i was really hoping for some sort of 'apply to all layers' kind of option in photoshop.

its for a game, we like to make elaborate scenes in photoshop then send the psd to the game engine, which can import the layers. this one is just especially large.

Thanks
Ryan

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on May 8, 2007 at 4:43:04 pm

I am seeing this as you having many image layers of different images, and a few adjustment layers on top which you would want to apply onto each image layer.

In that case you could bring you layers into after effects, and on layer 1 video import a filmstrip of lal your image, on layer2 import an image of your adjustment layer and dfo so for each adjusmtnet layer. I only say after effects instead of Premiere, because Premiere lacks many blending modes.

If you only have Phtoshop, you could make layer comps and then use file >> scripts >> layer comps to files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]