FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tools Tools Tools

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
teerav
Tools Tools Tools
on Apr 25, 2007 at 8:33:59 pm

hello, so after having to reset my photoshop preferences, now when i click on a tool like the marquee tool, instead of having to click and hold to see the hidden tools beneath, now it pops them up immediately, i have to click again on the tool i want and then back on my canvas, everytime. ive searched and searched but can not find the setting to change this. help

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Tools Tools Tools
on Apr 26, 2007 at 5:18:03 pm

Are you on PC or Mac?

On PC try control panel mouse, and make sure click lock is off.

If not that try resetting your prefs again.

Do you have a wacom tablet on this computer?

Return to posts index

teerav
on Apr 27, 2007 at 4:47:20 am

im on a mac with a wacom intuos 3. although, if i remember correctly, this was happening before i got the tab. ive tried resetting the prefs several times holding shift+option+command and clicking on the dock icon. but it doesnt help. what i have noticed though, that if i strike the mouse button very quickly it doesnt do it. so almost as if its not a photoshop problem but more something with my mouse maybe. its very strange. i'll try hooking up a new mouse tomorrow and see if that fixes it. im using just a normal logitech 3 button mouse, and i dont seem to have any problems in any other software. hmmmmmmmm...

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Apr 27, 2007 at 1:45:44 pm

Trying another mouse will be a big help.

The mac also has a system preference for the mouse, give that a look to see if anything similar to click lock is there (with a setting for how long), and give your wacom control panel a look over.

Return to posts index

teerav
on May 1, 2007 at 1:28:43 am

so i tried a new mouse, and thats certainly not it. i checked the wacom settings and they all seem to be fine. Even went through and reset them to the defaults. its very strange, and i dont think its something im gonna be able to figure out. guess i'll have to live with it. good ole adobe

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on May 2, 2007 at 6:58:56 pm

Sorry that we coudln't find a solution for you. All I can say is that if you are resetting your preferences and the problem is there, thatn the the problem must not be with the configuration ro corrutpion fo a photoshop preference.

You could try reinstalling Photoshop, but that may not be worth the effort as it does not sound like this is a major problem, just an annoyance.

Out of curiousity, what happes if you hit Shift U, does you shape tool sycle through all the options like it is supposed to?

Hope that I am understading your post correctly. Is it that your mouse acts like a rollover on the tool and pops them open as you pass over them?

Return to posts index

teerav
on May 4, 2007 at 5:13:45 am

well, ive disabled the cycle w/shift so just hitting "U" again will cycle (i guess i just prefer it this way).

but no, its not acting like a rollover. just a normal single click will act as if i click and hold.

like i said, its not too big of problem. i mostly use photoshop to supplement my other work (compositing & 3d apps) so its not like i work in it all day long. i guess its just time to learn the rest of the tool hotkeys. but as you probably know, when you work with multiple apps all the time, the hotkeys can sometimes get mixed together, so they're kinda last on my "hotkeys to learn list" lol

thanks for your help though. im gonna try disconnecting the wacom and getting rid of the drivers/software, and see what that does.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]