FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having HUGE CS 3 install problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Having HUGE CS 3 install problems
on Apr 25, 2007 at 8:04:06 pm

I have now been attempting to install the Photoshop component of CS3 (Macintosh) for the better part of 2 days. No matter what I try I get a summary box at the end of the install which states "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Component install failed."

I have read every tech note I could find and tried each and every step suggested. I have used the CS3 Cleaner script levels 1,2,3 & 4 MANY times between each step of the way. I have been on the phone (OK mostly on hold in order to be on the phone) with tech support 3 times. I have removed all the fonts. I have re-booted in safe mode. I have attempted to install in "root" mode and then run the Cleaner script while in root mode and attempted to re-install. Same error message. Now tech support tells me that an engineer will have to call me back and that because there are so many others with (I assume similar) "issues," it will take approximately 2 days to get this call back.

This wouldn't be so damn frustrating if the process hadn't removed earlier working versions of Photoshop, not to mention taking out AfterEffects because Cleaner removes ALL Adobe applications.

Every aspect of this has been so un-Adobe like. Especially the Cleaner script which runs in Unix Terminal mode. Until this installer fiasco their software has been some of the simplest and least intrusive to work with. Seems like somewhere in the development process elegance and ease of use has been trampled into the ground.

If I had known -- make that had the slightest INKLING -- that running the CS3 Photoshop Beta would have caused these problems (which I'm not convinced is the culprit) I NEVER would have touched it. Good thing I don't need these tools to make a living. Oh... wait a minute. That's EXACTLY the problem. $600 for the Design Premium upgrade and a few to several grand in lost billable hours.

Return to posts index

Valerie Shoaps
Re: Having HUGE CS 3 install problems
on Apr 26, 2007 at 6:01:21 am

Do you have a Windows emulateor installed (not Bootcamp and WinXP)?

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Having HUGE CS 3 install problems
on Apr 26, 2007 at 11:00:39 am

No. But thanks for the question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]