FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installing CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Installing CS3
on Apr 23, 2007 at 9:49:43 pm

Hey, guys. I know I should try to find this on the Adobe website, but after searching it doesn't appear to be there. I should call Adobe tech support, but I don't like being on perma-hold. So here I am on the COW, hoping someone else has experienced this or knows how to solve it.

I've been running the beta of Photoshop CS3 for the past couple of months. Today the release copy of CS3 "Design Premium" arrived. I dragged Photoshop CS3 Beta to the trash and emptied it. When I ran the CS3 installer it would not allow me to install Photoshop because it said that it already WAS installed. So I re-installed the app from a back-up and ran the CS3 installer to DE-install the Photoshop beta. It does not even come up in the window as a choice. The installer also will not allow me to re-install Photoshop CS3, stating "Adobe Photoshop CS3 cannot be installed because it conflicts with: Adobe Photoshop CS3." AAAHHHHHH!!!

Is this what's known as an infinite loop? Any ideas on solving this conundrum? Thanx.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Installing CS3
on Apr 23, 2007 at 10:07:58 pm

go to
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb401056
and read the article on cleaning your Beta version off for installing the shipping version.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Installing CS3
on Apr 25, 2007 at 8:01:48 pm

Uh, no. But thanx anyway for the input. See new posting above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]