FORUMS: list search recent posts

how can I get this effect?...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
how can I get this effect?...
on Apr 19, 2007 at 1:05:06 am

I'm looking to take a photograph and using filters and whatnot achieve a simple yet detailed drawn look to it. I'll be cutting out the object that I want to affect, but what filters and methods would best give me that old fashioned look that's so popular these days with indie bands and t-shirt designers.


Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
Re: how can I get this effect?...
on Apr 19, 2007 at 2:06:03 am

Those are original artwork, not from photos.

But experiment with art filters. It does not take long to click on a filter and look at the results or check out the filter gallery.

-Filter gallery

You might like this:

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: how can I get this effect?...
on Apr 20, 2007 at 7:26:10 pm

At least two of those images are woodcuts or linoleum cuts, made by cutting the inverse image into a block of wood or linoleum, then using the block as a printing plate.

One way you might go is to make your image black and white, then use the brightness and contrast filters to simplify your grey levels, then make a selection from the black or white that's left and paint using that selection. You might want to do a couple of passes using variations on the brightness and contrast. This could also work separating the color channels and working that way. Experiment!!

If I remember correctly, there was an Adobe Gallery Effects filter called woodcut that may still be in Photoshop.

Joe Bourke
Art Director / WMUR-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved