FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS7 won't open

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juanfordroad
PS7 won't open
on Apr 17, 2007 at 9:45:55 pm

Not sure what's going on but I can't get it to open because it keeps trying to get some update and then locks up over an error. Have to 'force quit' to get out of it.

Here's what it sez:
An error occurred while attempting to download a file from the Adobe Online Web Server
The request was not understood by the server. HTTP #400 - Bad Request

Then it tries to download files 1 of 2 which is AWEX Files.txt. From there it goes into a never-ending beach ball.

Driving me nutz so any advice is appreciated.

ps, Is there any command/preset/something that allows for hiding the program on a mac using [apple H]?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: PS7 won't open
on Apr 18, 2007 at 3:43:48 pm

Try

1) Run Disk Utility (or wahtever it is called nowadays in applications/utilities I believe - I don't mac that much anymore) and repair permissions. Sounds like the OSX is not allowing you to write over files during the update process, and the UNIX style permisisons get corrupted often almsot always something gets fixed.

2) reset your prefs by booting phothsop and immediately afterwards holding down Shift Ctrl option

3) Once fixed, go under help and turn off auto updates, casues more problems than it fixes automatically, and you can always do this manually.

4) Cutting down on coffee and some ginger tea will help the breath problem - just kidding :)

Return to posts index

juanfordroad
on Apr 19, 2007 at 4:00:32 pm

Thanks Mike,

It turned out to be the preferrences thing again. Should have guessed it but, sometimes, my senior moments occur more frequently more frequently than at other times. :}

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Apr 20, 2007 at 6:43:13 pm

Glad to here it worked out. Though there are so many different photoshop solutions to problems, this one ranks at the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]