FORUMS: list search recent posts

re: complex vector images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gavin Wilshen
re: complex vector images
on Mar 28, 2007 at 3:13:29 pm

Hi there,
Any ideas of the best way to 'flatten' a complex multiple object graphic without rasterizing it? The problem I'm encountering is I want to 'flatten' a multi-object graphic to use it as a repeat design on one large document, but copy/pasting it over and over again is making my G5 imac really struggle. Have tried rasterization but obviously then you're limited in terms of quality and resizing. The Mac is well equipped with 2GB RAM etc.
The original graphic is itself quite complex and made of upto 250 objects grouped together, however now complete could it be 'flattened' as it doesn't need to be re-edited except re: it's size and res like any other vector graphic.
Hope you understand me and can help!

Many, many thanks in advance!!!
gAVin

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: re: complex vector images
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:51:50 am

Could you create a Symbol with your object, and use instances of this symbol as the duplicates?
I don't think this really "flattens" the vectors, as you can always Expand a Symbol. But, it does put your object in a nice container that will scale strokes and effects regardless of your preferences. And, if you need to make a change to your master object, you can easily apply changes to all instances.
I'm unsure if this would make any difference with your heavy object/memory issues.

You could also optimize your object by..
Removing absolutely anything that isn't necessary.
Expand filters and effects, and outline type.
Use Pathfinder tools to simplify objects.
Use stepped Blend/Gradients instead of Smooth Color.
This can be very tedious.

If the graphic will not be rotated, you could snap it to a pixel grid and rasterize it.
Setting your Document and Raster Effect settings to 300 or whatever your spec's are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]