FORUMS: list search recent posts

ink, blood, scratches, etc

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tvanklee
ink, blood, scratches, etc
on Mar 28, 2007 at 3:15:17 am

Hello Everyone.

Wondering if there are any hard and fast techniques for creating realistic looking ink spots, blood smears, sponged on paint effects, things of this nature. I suspect creating custom brushes may help, but haven't delved into this yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance to responses!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: ink, blood, scratches, etc
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:05:28 pm

INK SPOTS
Set paintbrush to hard (Shift ]) a couple of time
Increase paitbrush size to size of largest spot (])
Paint a couple of large ink spots
Use the keyboard shortcut ([)a smaller brush size for some medium & smaller spots
Go to liquify, and then you can use the top brush to warp the spots so they are not circles.

SPONGE PAINT
Load the dry media brishes from teh flyout menu of the brushes palette.

BLOOD SMEAR
Not sure if you mean a blood smear under a microscope where you see the cells or a blood smeared by a hand on a wall.

Return to posts index

skinny1
on Apr 12, 2007 at 6:58:59 pm

also start using layer styles to get the 'shine' of blood or ink, as well as the illusion that your splats are in 3D. Make your splats as detailed above and then use Bevel and Emboss (in Layer Styles) to give them some depth. Add a touch of drop shadow and you are set. The nice thing about this is that you can continue to draw on the layer and everything new you draw will also be beveled and shadowed.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
on Apr 19, 2007 at 1:55:41 am

It's sorta cheating, but I think it looks cool to actually scan flat objects and import those. Gives you that 3D look. Do your sponge painting with fairly thick paint on white paper, let it dry completely, and scan and import that and get rid of the background. Same for blood...Red acrylic paint sorta thick, make your smudge, scan it. Ink spot too...I think this looks really cool.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]