FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there anyway to set the default file type for SAVING?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DanielHaskett
Is there anyway to set the default file type for SAVING?
on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:25:36 pm

Hi there

Basically i am saving out a lot of files as jpegs and whenever i go to save as... i always have to change it from psd to jpeg. i know it probably seems minor, but i thought it if there was a way of it automatically being set to jpeg that would make life easier....cant hurt to ask!

cheers

dan

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Is there anyway to set the default file type for SAVING?
on Mar 14, 2007 at 8:28:15 pm

There is no way to chnage the default, as I had looked into this in the past. You can though when saving, click on the format menu and hit the letter j and your option should go to jpeg. P doesn't work as well for PDF or PNG as it goes to photoshop eps.

You can though create an action for save as with file type of jpeg.

Return to posts index

TiffaniB
Re: Is there anyway to set the default file type for SAVING?
on Mar 15, 2007 at 4:12:39 pm

You can create an Action and assign it to an F-key - that's the easiest way I've found for this kind of thing.

Open a psd file you want to save as a jpg.

Then click on Window, Actions. This will bring up the Actions menu.

Click the "Create New Action" icon at the bottom of the Actions menu. This will bring up a new window.

Name your action (something obvious, like "Save as JPG"). Select a function key from the list (and remember what it is so you can use it later). Then click the Record button.

Now, Photoshop is recording EVERYTHING you do... so at this point, take the steps you need to convert your file to the proper colorspace, flatten it, whatever you would do each time before saving as a jpg (if you change the image size or resolution, this is also recorded and any future images will have this same size and resolution - so only record the things you want to happen EVERY time). Then - save it as a jpg.

Then click on the Stop button at the bottom of the Action window. You should now see a new action in the list with the name you gave it - and anytime in the future you want to save your file just hit the F key you set to this action.

Tiffani B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]