FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD > Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juanfordroad
DVD > Photoshop
on Mar 2, 2007 at 6:45:07 pm

I was given some High School Graduation DVD's and asked to print "her kid" into a 5 x 7 and an 8 x 10. After ripping w/mac the knife and exporting to QTP w/streamclip the stills look like, well, like crap. Should I leave this field and return to gynecology, or is there some better way of 'extracting' these images at better quality?

Thanks,

Make money (and love, of course) not war...

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: DVD > Photoshop
on Mar 3, 2007 at 1:44:33 pm

You are pretty much limited to the resolution of the image on the DVD (not very high) I get this all the time with clients wanting massive printed stills of frames of their commercial, even though it was sourced on DVCAM or Digibeta or whatever - which is 720x576 pixels in size (PAL)

That said, you can get a fairly decent 1/2 A4 sized print form any Standard Def still and if you use the sharpen tool in Photoshop and a good Resizing plugin if you've got one you can get the most out of the image that way. Otherwise just use Bicubic Best (? Not in front of PS right now) scaling - in your preferences.

You MAY get a better result if you deinterlace your footage before scaling it up aswell, depending on how much movement their is in the still.

Good luck.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

juanfordroad
on Mar 3, 2007 at 2:14:47 pm

Thanks Jimmy,

I'll try your suggestions.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Mar 3, 2007 at 2:54:13 pm

No worries.

Digital Anarchy do an excellent plugin called 'Resizer 2.0' if you've got after effects?

http://www.digitalanarchy.com/section/section_ae-video.html#pr2

A bit pricey maybe though...If not then I'm sure there are some decent PS filters for this. just google it..

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

juanfordroad
on Mar 3, 2007 at 4:06:04 pm

Thanks.

This job is a low/no budget so I'll have to wait for the big paydays before I get the extra goodies.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]