FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Selection to new frame in sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frey
Moving Selection to new frame in sequence
on Feb 25, 2007 at 3:20:29 am

I have 120 frames, brought into Photshop CS2 from an Adobe Premiere AVI as a .flm export. It is a sequence of the upper body of a soldier, on horseback, moving across the frame. He is pretty well defined against the moving background. I need to extract him from each frame as a new layer with a transparent background. This series of new soldier layers over alpha cahnnel will be output back to Premiere or After Effects over a new moving background and rendered as a new AVI. After using the Polygon selection tool to extract the new soldier layer, I need to use the same selection outline on each of the remaining frames, modifying it slightly for the slight changes in each frame. How can I use the original outline selection again in another frame? Couldn't find it in help files and it is probably a simple thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Moving Selection to new frame in sequence
on Feb 27, 2007 at 8:27:37 pm

I am glad you mentioned .flm or else I would have simply suggested using the pen tool so you can rotoscope your images. You also will want the levels of gray so will suggest a bitmapped method.

What you need to do is click on the alpha channel. Paint will black on the white alpha channel to do your first frame (you will see the image get a red mask showing the mask.

When done you will need to step and repeat this downwards to the next frame. This is where I find Photoshop is lacking a step & repeat. You have an offset, but that will not leave the original.

I simply hold down alt & shift and drag a copy downwards and visually center (can use cursor keys to get back in precisley and quickly). You can also turn on the info palette and set it to pixels to see how far you are dragging a copy.

Return to posts index

John Frey
Re: Moving Selection to new frame in sequence
on Mar 7, 2007 at 6:25:13 am

Thanks Mike!

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]