FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suitcase Upgrades to (v11) for PC

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Gondek
Suitcase Upgrades to (v11) for PC
on Feb 22, 2007 at 9:09:27 pm

http://www.extensis.com/en/products/font_management/product_information.jsp...

Now includes font auto activation.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: Suitcase Upgrades to (v11) for PC
on Feb 26, 2007 at 12:35:33 pm

Aye, shame it doesn't support Photoshop or After Effects though. Boo! Do you know if they sorted out Opentype glitches aswell Mike? I never got a straight answer on their forum.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 26, 2007 at 5:35:09 pm

Yeah a bummer that Photoshop and the video apps dont work with auto activation.

I don't have too many opentype fonts, but my minon pro (.otf) opens up fine with Suitcase 9. Is there an opentype problem (possibly .ttf format), I may not be aware of. I stoppped using Multiple master fonts long time ago cause of the problems(though I could have realy used MM on some tyep on curvy paths today).

Good to see someone else using opentype. I wish the font companies would develop more opentype fonts, and promote the features like they used to years ago (eg: houseindustries).

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Feb 27, 2007 at 9:45:50 am

To be honest Mike, I just kind of collected a few OTF fonts either sent by clients over the years, or we had them floating around. I've never really understood (never really researched to be fair!) what the difference is between .ttf and .otf and why there are both types?

The Suitcase bug is if you've got an opentype font that has a .ttf extension (why they would be like that is beyond me!) then it won't stay active after a restart, you have to go in and change the extension to otf and then re-import each font back into suitcase again and sort back into groups which is a major pain. It doesn't recognise them as being the same files. My own fault I guess for not knowing, but seems alot of ppl have had this problem.

Mike, I've never sorted out that Swiss924 problem!..you know, where I was getting random character width discrepencies in PSCS2, but not in anything else!? Any chance you could let me know where you bought your copy of 924, so I know for a fact it will work when I buy it?

Cheers,
Jim.

Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:16:37 pm

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opentype for more info on opentype. That Swiss 924 I gave you to test is owned by my work and it could have come from a number of places, to even free with purchase of Corel Draw (they gave out lots of BT fonts with their software). I was not here when they purchase their type library.

Thanks for the info on the bug with suitcase and .ttf, I did not know you could just change the extension and it would still work.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:42:03 pm

Thanks Mike, will read up on Opentype.

Oh, with regards to Swiss 924 - you didn't give me a font to try..but I'd REALLY appreciate if you could and don't mind?

I'll email you off the board...

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:51:47 pm

OOops...can't find your email address anyhere on your website Mike? I'd give you a call but I fear it would cost a bomb from here in UK!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Mar 1, 2007 at 4:03:00 pm

email me at c-o-w@mikegondek.com (take out the dashes, I'm trying to keep my email spam free)

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Mar 2, 2007 at 9:39:13 am

Sent... Thanks Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]