FORUMS: list search recent posts

GREEN

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fire Eater
GREEN
on Feb 16, 2007 at 6:29:10 pm

PROBLEM: Extracting a person from a green background leaves green in her hair (and elsewhere).

DETAILS: I photographed a woman against a green screen (movie-style extraction background). I foolishly thought that it would be easy to extract her image from the green background. I even used bounce-flash diffusion to minimize the shadows. When I tried to extract the woman's image in Photoshop, I got...green. Especially in her hair. I tried the Replace Color command, but still green.

QUESTION: Is there a way to tell Photoshop: "I do not want any green in this picture"?

It seems there must be a way to remove the offending color from this picture. Perhaps I err, however.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: GREEN
on Feb 19, 2007 at 5:40:51 pm

For photgraphs I try to shoot people against black or white if possible, so that the color of the light bouncing back is neutral.

For video I shoot against green or blue, cause of all the frames it is better to let the keying effects do the work, and it is less forgiving cause the objects are moving.

Don't worry though you should be able to fix the green cast with all the tools photoshop has. The replace color command would be perfect if all the green you had have needs to go to 1 single other color. I am guessing you have a color fringe on the hair and possible on some of the clothing. In that case you can more easily fix this with a couple of passes with the manual correction tools:

color replacement
saturate/destaurate
paintbrush set to mode of color
(set their opacity to a lwo setting where you see only small cahnegs, and brush often for a pro quality looking correction)

If you would like to post you image I can tell you if replace color can fix this for you.

Return to posts index

Fire Eater
on Feb 20, 2007 at 3:24:52 pm

Thanks, Mike!

Two words: It worked.

I'll shoot more against neutral from now on.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:22:35 pm

Good to hear it worked out. I haven't tried a gray background, but I think that should work great. Usually I usually prefer white cause of dark hair color or clothing, but black can be a great solution also for very high key subjects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]