FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bridge freeze

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wisabcon
Bridge freeze
on Feb 1, 2007 at 3:34:46 pm

Using PS2. Bridge routinely freezes, showing only a blank white screen. Sometimes it recovers after a half minute or so, usually not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern regarding what types of files it is accessing when it freezes, although possbibly more often with tiffs and avis compared to jpgs. I reinstalled PS and Bridge with no inmprovement. Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Bridge freeze
on Feb 1, 2007 at 8:37:09 pm

Try
Tools >> Cache >> Purge Central Cache
incase somehting corrupt is in your cache

If you have large images change
edit >> Preferences >> advanced do not process images larger than 200
to something like 50mb

Make sure your hard drive is not running low on space, and run software (Disk First Aid, Norton, Check disk) to repair any bad blocks you may have on your drive. Then empty the trash/recycle bin.

Return to posts index

Wisabcon
on Feb 5, 2007 at 12:12:25 am

I have tried all these suggestions, but still no luck. Any other Ideas?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 6, 2007 at 6:38:05 pm

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=327946

Also try to update your video drivers
Immediately after booting photoshop, hold down Ctrl Shift Alt to reset the preferences.

Divide & conquer
Find a folder this happens on consistently. Remove everything but a few of the files. Keep adding files back until you find what file may be causing the problem. You may have a corrutp file that bridge is freezing on while trying to draw.

Can you post waht processes you have running in task manager? Maybe be spyware since you mentioned this is nto consistent, watch what other apps you have running, especially your outlook or email browser.

Is this happening on the Sony Vaio in your description?

Return to posts index

Wisabcon
on Feb 7, 2007 at 2:25:36 am

Corrupt files appear to have been the problem. I narrowed it down to a folder of tif files that came from frame grabs out of Premier Pro 1.0. Bridge on both my Vaio and my notebook had the same problem with this folder, which was on both machines. Since I also had jpg versions of these files, I dumped the entire folder and all is well now.

Thanks much to the COW and all who offer their expertise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]