FORUMS: list search recent posts

aging a face

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve goldberg
aging a face
on Jan 26, 2007 at 8:18:16 pm

I'm throwing a 40th birthday party for a friend and I wanted to take existing recent photos of him and make him look a lot older (adding wrinkles/grey beard, etc.).
Does anyone have suggestions for doing this? I can get around Photoshop pretty well, but I just mainly use it for titles in video and simple layering. If this is too general,
then perhaps tips on making a dark brown beard gray and adding wrinkles.

Thanks so much,

Steve

Return to posts index

Ian
Re: aging a face
by
on Jan 30, 2007 at 4:38:58 pm

You'll probably have to do some work with the paintbrush or you could desaturate the beard (quikc solution). As for the wrinkle, the quickest option would be to find a photo of someone with wrinkles and overlay that on top of the photo with a mask and tweak the opacity levels in the various areas of the face. Try different blend modes so that the wrinkles match the skin color correctly.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: aging a face
on Jan 30, 2007 at 4:46:59 pm

Start out with the dodge tool set range to midtones or shadows (depending on your image one may work better), and brush over his beard. You can also use the saturate tool, set to desaturate to taek out an residual color if needed.

For wrinkles, I would get an image of an old person, and put this on layer above your original image, and scale/rotate the image in place (temporaily chaneg the mode to difference to help align). Then add a layer mask to hide all and then paint with white on the layer mask to reveal some wrinkles. The wrinkles should of your top layer will need to follow the curvature of your (soon to be Ex-)friends face.

When done you should post your image to http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]