FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color management hell

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pluffsy
Color management hell
on Jan 25, 2007 at 9:45:09 pm

Hi!

I have big problems with my colors when I make an export from photoshop. I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get it right. I'm not picky with colors, but the colors in ps are waaay of how it looks when it's exported (or even in the web export preview).

My monitor is set to a standard calibration, which I think looks alright. I've tried to recalibrate without much change. I've mostly used the North american general purpose 2 color settings in photoshop, I've tried to use my monitor profile in photoshop, tried the Color management off and some other settings. I get changes in the colors both in the export and how it looks in photoshop but I can't ever get it to look the same in ps and the export. The images looks more satured in photoshop and duller in the export.

Images with the CMYK color space looks fine when exported though, but I want to use RGB.

I'm on a MacBook Pro and Photoshop CS3 Beta. But I think the problem is the same in CS2, haven't explored that in much detail though.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks a lot for your time.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Color management hell
on Jan 26, 2007 at 6:58:40 pm

Wish we could solve all your color management problems with one post, give me all the details you can of comparing 1 image in 2 scenarios (colorspace, file format, profiles, transfer interpolations encoding options, are you comparing printed to your monitor or 2 monitor situations, which software programs)and we will take it one problem at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]