FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rotating sphere with text for IE throbber

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NtGeek
Rotating sphere with text for IE throbber
on Jan 5, 2007 at 7:24:12 pm

Dearest Colleagues,

We are all familiar with the little flag that waves in the upper right hand corner. I also know that you can modify the same by simply adding what amounts to two strips of elongated bitmaps with slightly different images, the result being that its a filmstrp so you can go batty on what you want to appear in the upper right hand corner of IE as it "thinks".

What I want to create is a sphere, a globe if you will with a certain image or text that is "curved" around the sphere. Then I want to be able to rotate the sphere frame by frame so that the end result of the Internet Explorer throbber as its thinking is a spinning sphere with our company name or logo on it.

I know how to make a sphere in Photoshop, thats pretty darn easy to create. Now the only thing that I want to be able to do is not only cause the text to wrap around the spere itself, but also be able to rotate the sphere in such a way that the combined "filmstrip" will create an effect of a spinning sphere with the company name circling around it.

Any advise, suggestions or pointers to tutorials would be most greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Rotating sphere with text for IE throbber
on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:35:13 pm

Use:
Object >> envelope distort >> make with warp (bulge might be the one to use or the default arc)

Since you need a few frames showing the text in diffent rotations, I suggestputting a rectangle slightly larger than your type with stroke/fill set to none. Then do your distortion upon the type and save a seperate file for each position of the type, go in and modfy the type, but leave the bounding box alone, and you will get the same amount of distortion.

Return to posts index

Menka Shastri
Re: Rotating sphere with text for IE throbber
on Jun 18, 2010 at 7:05:00 am

hey NTGeek

could u please tell me the steps to create throbber in photoshop,i really need it.

menka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]