FORUMS: list search recent posts

Font problem in PSCS2 - fine in AE?...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
Font problem in PSCS2 - fine in AE?...
on Dec 22, 2006 at 11:15:37 am

Hi All,

OK...a particular one of my fonts - SWISS 924 - is playing silly 8uggers in PS. Some random characters are coming out wider than others, which looks very horrid. I thought it might be a corrupted font, so to check I opened said PSD in AE and converted to editable text and the dodgy scaled letters were fine!?! The rasterizing of the text was quite fat aswell, compared to PS even though all properties were identical (?) but at least it was all consistant.

So, anyone know why this would happen? Is there a totally different type engine in PS than in AE? If anyone else has this font (Truetype, PC) would you mind trying it at sort of disclaimer size (17 pixels high on 720PAL) It has totally baffled me. It's not a font I use massively often, but it is ideal for this big fat caveat I've got to do.

Incidentally - the font works OK in the Premiere text engine, which I never really use, but ALL text seems to come out really soft and slighty grey rather than black in PremPro2.

Hmmm...Any thoughts?

Thanks.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Font problem in PSCS2 - fine in AE?...
on Dec 22, 2006 at 8:33:47 pm

Works fine for me in PS CS2/ Try resetting your preferences. The font is probably fine since it works in your other apps, I have a feeling something in Photohsop is corrupted.

Does this happen at all sizes. I tried 17 px and all letter a-z A-Z.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: Font problem in PSCS2 - fine in AE?...
on Dec 23, 2006 at 3:19:00 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it seems to be a problem with all sizes, though more noticable when smaller. Tis bizarre, as all the other fonts I've tried seem fine...the other thing is we tried the same font on PSCS2 on another machine and the same problem occurred.

Suppose I could try buying the font again, but I didn't want to have to if poss. Besides, as it works in all other apps it can't be the font that's a problem surely? I just assumed it was a glitch in CS2, but since it works in yours I am now even more puzzled!

Would you mind telling me all the details for your version of the font to see if they correspond to mine?

Thanks,
Jim.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]