FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSCS@ output to device error

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raf1
PSCS@ output to device error
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 3:27:43 am

I am using PSCS2 under Windows XP with a Canopus DVStorm2 card installed. I have no problem outputting video through the Storm card to a monitor through either AE Pro 6.5 or PPro 1.5. When I try to send a photo out to my monitor via FILE>EXPORT>SEND VIDEO PREVIEW TO DEVICE in PSCS2, I always receive a "No device connected" error message. I cannot find any place in PSCS2 to configure output hardware and I wonder if it is possible to output to a device at all. Would appreciate any comments as I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or not. Strange thing is, I could swear that I had output to monitor through PSCS2 before!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: PSCS@ output to device error
on Dec 12, 2006 at 5:08:22 pm

Photoshop goes through firewire. Try attaching your video camera to your PC to see if you can get this to work.

Return to posts index

raf1
Re: PSCS2 output to device error
by
on Dec 12, 2006 at 5:44:50 pm

Hi Mike - thanks for your reply. Actually I tried the video out with PS Elements2 last night and it worked. There was an export option "Canopus Video Out" that allows me to view the files on my monitor. The only problem with Elements is that only a small portion of the file is viewable on the monitor (extreme magnification) so I'll have to figure out how to size the output to the monitor screen size.

Cheers.

Ron

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:44:20 pm

Glad to hear you got this working. Canopus must install a photoshop plug in, so make sure you hold onto your canpus install disks.

I do not have this plug in, but it may display images at a 1:1 pixel ratio, so you may need to res your image down to like 720 x 480 pixels.

Return to posts index

raf1
by
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:59:37 pm

Hi Mike - your suggestion on resizing the image to 720X480 did the trick. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise.

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]