FORUMS: list search recent posts

FAO Richard Harrington - VIDEO ACTIONS?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
FAO Richard Harrington - VIDEO ACTIONS?
on Nov 15, 2006 at 1:41:04 pm

Hi Richard,

I know you wrote these video actions for PS CS2 and that you're meant to install them separately after the app install, but I can't find them on my production studio discs. Any idea how I can get a them?

It's odd - I'm sure with my old version of CS there were a bunch of 'default' actions, but I've not even got that on CS2 - only a bunch that alters my workspace.

Thanks.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: FAO Richard Harrington - VIDEO ACTIONS?
on Nov 26, 2006 at 11:46:10 pm

Sorry, I am no longer a moderator here... so I don't check in as often

The actions are intalled by default...

Click on the submenu of Layers Palette (triangle in corner) and choose Video Actions

Hope that helps

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:36:23 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me, but no - nothing in layers options for me...should they not be in the actions palette?

Just had a thought - I have PSCS2 installed as part of the Production Studio Premium. Are they installed on that version aswell?

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:15:10 am

in the sub menu of ACTION palette sorry

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Dec 5, 2006 at 4:32:28 pm

A-ha! Found them. Thanks Richard.

Re: Some of those actions...I've been having a bit of a discussion on the AE forum about Broadcast colours in PAL...it seems 0-255 for chroma/luma in PAL is perfectly legal, as oppossed to 16-235 in NTSC.

Does this hold true for you aswell? What I mean is are some of those actions only really applicable for NTSC or do I have it wrong about PAL safe?

It's just that our house legaliser (rack-mounted one made by Eyeheight Ltd.) clips all our material at 0-255 and passes them as legal, likewise on the clipper in NewTek's VT[4]. We've not had anything chucked out transmission-wise in the past, so I'm curious why people are still saying 16-235 applies to both NTSC and PAL.

Guess I just need a definitive answer!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]