FORUMS: list search recent posts

Could not save "filename.psd" because of program error - help

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy
Could not save "filename.psd" because of program error - help
on Nov 8, 2006 at 7:58:33 pm

when i try to save a file in photoshop cs2 to a firewire attached harddrive, i get the error "Could not save "filename.psd" because of program error". after effects doesn't seem to have this problem saving to that drive and if i save the ps file to my desktop and move it over it works. any ideas how to stop this error?

os 10.4.8, 2.5 Ghz quad power pc, ps9.0.2

Return to posts index

scottgfx
Re: Could not save "filename.psd" because of program error - help
on Nov 10, 2006 at 4:03:54 am

I've often had this same issue with Photoshop 7. In fact, I found your message because I was doing a Google search on this very problem. I was having the error when saving to an internal RAID that was connected to the motherboard ATA channels of a G4. I'm now having the same problem when saving to a G-Raid attached to a PCI FireWire-800 card. I can however save to boot drive.

I don't think I've had this problem with CS2... yet.

Return to posts index

MarkCarrara
Re: Could not save "filename.psd" because of program error - help
on Nov 13, 2006 at 6:06:38 pm

Interesting. We are having a similar issue with Elements. Our district's yearbook staff uses Elements and can save to a local drive, but not the network drive unless I gave them full control permission. When they had modify only they could save to the local drive then drag to the network drive. I wonder if there is a bug in the save routine?

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]