FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving the save settings in Photoshop CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shayder
Saving the save settings in Photoshop CS2
on Oct 27, 2006 at 1:14:52 am

I have to change a bunch of tgas into pngs. Is there a way to get photoshop to remember what I saved my last file as instead of me having to find the png setting each and every time. After about 200 of these it gets a bit tedious. I am on windows xp.

I tried an action but I couldnt get it the way i wanted. Is there a way to get it to ask you want you want name the file? Right now i can get it to save with no name but then I have to rename it before I can run the action again or it saves over top of it.

Here's my ideal wish. The files I want to save are all text to be used as supers in a tv program, I need to save them all as pngs. If I could get it to save them as pngs with a file name that matches the layer name that would make me weep with joy. Any help would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Saving the save settings in Photoshop CS2
on Nov 3, 2006 at 8:16:45 pm

Try
file >> script >> export layers to file >> psd

Then make an action to save as all your files to the png file format, or use a utility if you have one to convert to .png.

Set your destination to a new folder so you don't overwrite your files. Check the box called Override action save as (this is most likely what you were missing and woudl liketaek a page to properly explain this.

Try to see if you can use the .psd since the script does not have .png availabel. Another recomendation is do not use bullet points /* or special characters as many conflict and will cause the action to fail. Underscore, parenthesis and dashes are safe to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]