FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaling by percentages

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frey
Scaling by percentages
on Oct 19, 2006 at 3:01:07 pm

Brainfade at a late hour while trying to meet a deadline has left me with the following task. I have 500 scanned bitmap images of all shapes and sizes. The largest in pixel dimensions is around 4200 x 3800 and smallest at around 960 x 650. Obviously, the file sizes are pretty big. I need to apply scaling to all of these images of about 60%. I want to create an acion of scaling down the first file to 60%, and then apply that in the batch mode to all files. Serious brainfade leaves me with this the following: when I open a file, the transform function under edit is greyed out unless I double click the layer to unlock it. When I then scale it ot 60%, there is an underlying layer still there, unscaled. What have I forgotten and how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Scaling by percentages
on Oct 20, 2006 at 3:49:09 pm

Sounds like these 500 images are without layers and you are doublelciking to chaneg the layer for a bakcground layer to a floating layer.

If so to get around this you want to use image >> image size >> keep resample image checked. You could recors in your action to have the layer float, adn then flatten at teh end to get back to the file format you need, but the image size will make you action simpler and you can change form pixels to percenatge to enter your 60%.

Return to posts index

John Frey
Re: Scaling by percentages
on Oct 21, 2006 at 8:18:16 pm

Thanks Mike

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]