FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting Actions in Photoshop CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Hajik
Setting Actions in Photoshop CS2
on Oct 6, 2006 at 5:16:50 am

Hi Photoshop Users,

I have recorded an action in Photoshop CS2 to make my Landscape pictures 720x480. I have selected the pictures that I want to use in my folder by holding down the Ctrl key on a PC and clicking the selected pics. The action works find except that it does all the pictures in the entire folder, even the ones I didn't select. Any suggestions?

Ralph Hajik

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: Setting Actions in Photoshop CS2
on Oct 6, 2006 at 4:31:17 pm

Put the ones you DO want to affect in another folder and set the batch processor to THAT folder. When doen, just cut & paste them back into the folder you want them in.

*AE 5.5 Pro - *PS CS1 - *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / BMD DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Oct 6, 2006 at 4:41:37 pm

Hi jimmybee500,

After playing with the actions the past hour, I've come to the conclusion that separateing the landscape pics from the portrait pictures would solve the problem.

Thanks
Ralph

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 7, 2006 at 2:43:03 am

Ummm..... Did you bother to look at the Video Actionsin the Actions palette menu (I wrote them)..

There are soem in there for DVD slideshows that do what you want already

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Oct 7, 2006 at 5:58:29 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the information.

Ralph

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 10, 2006 at 2:30:56 am

Double-click with the text tool and add a type layer...

REALLY suggest you start with a book or training DVD soon

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Oct 10, 2006 at 5:13:31 am

Hi Richard,
This is what I'm doing. I'm copying my images to another folder because I want to keep my originals untouched. I go to my new folder, I mark my portrait images with a star, turn them 90 degrees all at one time and set my action up for 720x480. I run my action and turn my portrait images back 90 degrees all at one time and I'm finished. This is fast and it works for me. Just put your imagination to work in CS2 and your on your way.

Thanks for the tips.

Ralph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]