FORUMS: list search recent posts

Action repeat on Image Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FargoRoss
Action repeat on Image Sequence
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:34:37 pm

I apologize if this question has already been answered, I've searched quite a bit and have come up with nothing.

I want to apply a series of filters to images that are part of an image sequence (Video Essentially)
I know how to make an action, and I have done so, so that I only have to click 'play' and my image gets its filters applied and then closes.

But I would like to take this one step further, and not have to click play 300 times for 300 images (or 10 seconds of video).
I am able to open up to about 300 at a time in PhotoShop. So I would like to figure out how to let my action repeat to all of
the open files, so I can click once, and go do something else. There must be some way of doing this..??..

thanks for the help!

-Ross Hendrickson
Editor, Video Arts Studios

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Action repeat on Image Sequence
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:40:04 pm

Record an action then run a batch command

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: Action repeat on Image Sequence
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:41:05 pm

You're looking for File > Automate > Batch. Once your action is recorded, this is the way to apply it to an entire folder worth of files.

The settings will vary depending on your needs, but you'll have to play with the desintion (i.e., save and close, or save to another folder). One thing that trips people up is the "Ignore Action Open" and "Ignore Save As" - basically, if your script includes opening the original file, you need to check "Ignore Action Open" - otherwise, the script will run on the same file over and over. If your script included you saving the file, check "Ignore Save As." That way, if part of your script was to save as a different format, it will retail the format change part of teh action, but it won't use the same filename over and over.

It'll make more sense when you try it. I always back up my files first before running a big batch. If you get stuck, you can look in the help for Batch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]