FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS (& afx) preview on a Broadcast TV Monitor?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
PS (& afx) preview on a Broadcast TV Monitor?
on Jul 25, 2006 at 3:36:55 pm

I posted this on the AFX forum aswell, but seeing as it is relevant to P/Shop too I thought I'd give it a go!
-------------------------------

Hi all,

A quick(ish!) question about previewing PS/AFX onto a Broadcast TV Monitor with YUV..

I've heard Photoshop CS2 has a firewire video preview via a hotkey, anyone had any experience with this?

I'm currently running AFX/PS, etc. on a PC with an old GeForce FX5200 vid card, 2GB RAM on a P4 proc. I want to be able to view my PS docs & AFX previews on a TV monitor (for field issues/true chroma & luma levels, etc.) and currently I have to render & upload TGAs to our DVS Clipstation to get a TV preview...not exactly an ideal workflow!

My boss won't commit to a video I/O card as yet, due to decisions about imminent HD equipment upgrades, so I need a fairly cheap effective solution. Transferring the rendered footage to tape/edit suites is no problem via the Clipstation or VT[4]. I just need a short-term previewing solution?

I've seen the DATAVIDEO DAC-6 and it *looks* like I should be able to go out of my firewire 400 port, through that and come out YUV Component into my Sony Broadcast Monitor. That should give me a pretty true signal shouldn't it? Upto 2years ago I was on a Paintbox Express, which obviously has live output, so I want something similar to that essentially...and making TV graphics on a PC monitor just isn't ideal anymore!

Any other similar products that might be better? (around the

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: PS (& afx) preview on a Broadcast TV Monitor?
on Jul 30, 2006 at 3:27:57 pm

CS2 supports video out through a DV device (like DAC Canopus, etc.) or a deck/camera

For additional support... look to Synthetic Aperture's Echo Fire.

AE has MANY more supported options built-in.. look under preferences and Video Output... adjust and see if your device is in the list

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]