FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching Image Grain and Colours in Different Photos

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Le
Matching Image Grain and Colours in Different Photos
on Jul 18, 2006 at 8:53:59 pm

I've been put in charge of putting together a promo poster for a network which culls together gallery photography from various sitcoms. The photos are of varying degree of quality and age, I would like it to look as if it was all shot in the same studio. Was wondering if anyone had any tips or could point to some resources for matching all these photos I have and making them look consistent without overly stylizing them. I'm having a tough time with light sources, grain, and colour in particular.

Thanks

Jon

Return to posts index

Kevin Wood
Re: Matching Image Grain and Colours in Different Photos
on Jul 22, 2006 at 2:20:18 am

Well, you might be able to do it in AfterEffects with a film-look type of plug-in, if that's available to you.

Return to posts index

JonnoB
Re: Matching Image Grain and Colours in Different Photos
on Jul 31, 2006 at 2:29:26 am

Hi Jon,

I know this post is over a week old now but I do have a tip for you to match grain using a couple of effects through PS, this technique will work in both CMYK and RGB modes.

Follow the steps below:

1. Begin by creating a new Layer
2. From the colour picker define a colour C=50, M=50, Y=50, K=50 or if using RGB R = 127, G = 127, B = 127.
3. Now fill the new layer with this colour.
4. Select "Add noise" from the "Noise" Section under filters and apply an amount of 5% (this is just a value for demonstraion, any subtle amount will do, this just works for me usually).
6. Now change the "Layer Blending Mode" of this Layer to "Overlay".
7. You should now see that the original image (underneath this layer) has a fine grain running through it. To alter the appearance of this grain (if you wish) I suggest transforming the layer you just created or by altering its opacity.

Hope this helps and it wasn't too late coming.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]