FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird update message locks me up!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank L. Jr.
weird update message locks me up!
on Jul 13, 2006 at 9:32:04 pm

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't figure it out...

On my G4 (Dual 1Ghz, 1.5 RAM, OSX 10.3.3), every time I try to launch Photoshop lately, it gives me a window saying "Updating Adobe Online components from Adobe.com / 1 of 2 being downloaded". The file it is trying to download is "AWEXFiles.txt".

While that shouldn't probably be a problem, it doesn't ever fully download anything. I just get the window, and the "beach ball". After a while (several hours usually) it might move to the second file. But usually it just sits there and never finishes launching Photoshop.

THOUGHTS?!?!?!?! This is making me nuts, and I need to be able to use my Photoshop...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Dual 1GHz / 1.5G RAM / FCP3
AND
Mac 2 -- Just Arrived! 2 Dual Core 2.5's/3 Ghz RAM/OSX 10.4.3/FCP 5 and rest of FCP Bundle

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to posts index

Frank L. Jr.
Re: weird update message locks me up!
on Jul 13, 2006 at 9:34:20 pm

Oops... I meant to mention that I am running Photoshop 7.0...

I know, I know... update my Photoshop... But, outside of that, any thoughts?

Dual 1GHz / 1.5G RAM / FCP3
AND
Mac 2 -- Just Arrived! 2 Dual Core 2.5's/3 Ghz RAM/OSX 10.4.3/FCP 5 and rest of FCP Bundle

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]