FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture screen shot at hi res

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RLNeely
Capture screen shot at hi res
on Jul 5, 2006 at 3:20:16 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I need to screen capture some websites that I need to print conventionally -in other words, I need 300 dpi on my scrn shot to be print ready. I've read I can purchase S-Spline or even Ambrosia's Snapz Pro that might do the job. But is there a methodology to doing this with just Photoshop and Mac Grab? Appreciate feedback on this issue

Return to posts index

Ian Schmoel
Re: Capture screen shot at hi res
on Jul 11, 2006 at 3:47:38 pm

Set your screen resolution as high as you can. Take a screen grab and bring that into PS. In PS, under image size, uncheck the "Resample Image" box and change your resolution to 300dpi. This will give you the new dimensions for your image as well.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Capture screen shot at hi res
on Jul 17, 2006 at 9:25:49 pm

Schmoel is right, the resolution of the monitor is about as good as you are going to get so atleast change your monitor settings to the best you have like 1600 x1200.

I was excited long time ago when I heard maC OSX was doing screen captures in PDF but that is bitmapped PDF so the type will not be vector quality. When writing my book I bought both the mac Snapz Pro & PC Snag it. Though Snag it allows you to capture at higher resolutions than your monitor, they really do not any better than an interpolated increase over the monitor value, when do a 1 to 1 pixel preview in photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]