FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing red-eye

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MKS
Fixing red-eye
by
on Jun 10, 2006 at 7:11:26 am

I've never tried to fix red-eye for someone that has blue eyes. How is that done?

Anyone know of a sample photo of a person with blue eyes that has red-eye that I can download to do red-eye correction tests on?

Thanks,
Mike S.

Return to posts index

Nolan Scott
Re: Fixing red-eye
on Jun 10, 2006 at 10:05:26 am

Please have a look here:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/apsredeye.htm

Cheers
Nolan

Return to posts index

MKS
by
on Jun 10, 2006 at 12:12:53 pm

Good link. Do blue eyes that have the red-eye effect retain enough blue to get natural looking blue eyes using the techniques in that link?

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Nolan Scott
on Jun 11, 2006 at 12:21:28 am

Mostly, I am using the

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
MKS
by
on Jun 11, 2006 at 12:24:34 am

Got it. Thanks for your help,
Mike

Return to posts index

ALbino
on Jun 23, 2006 at 10:42:02 pm

For what it's worth I just use the Sponge Tool and have it set to Desaturate. Just doing that takes no time or effort at all and is "good" almost every time. If it's not, and it looks too dark afterwards you can always add in some color.

Return to posts index

MKS
by
on Jun 24, 2006 at 3:00:52 am

>> For what it's worth I just use the Sponge Tool and have it set to Desaturate. Just doing that takes no time or effort at all and is "good" almost every time. If it's not, and it looks too dark afterwards you can always add in some color.

Since my question deals with blue eyes, could you explain how you select the shade of blue to use and how to reshade the blue in?
Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

ALbino
on Jun 24, 2006 at 3:54:44 am

For me the red eye is usually not in the blue area, so you just desaturate the pupil and then darken if it you need to. If it was in the blue area too I suppose I would select the red and adjust the hue to some shade of blue and then desaturate that down to a more appropriate shade. If there was no pupil then I would just use the Dodge Tool... although you could end up with some weird crossed eyed effect if you didn't pay careful attention :)

Alternatively you could just paint the color in with a really light opacity after you desaturate the red out, and then blend it together with the Blur Tool. That's what I would try anyway. I hope this helps!

Return to posts index

ALbino
Burn Tool, not Dodge Tool. Sorry.
on Jun 24, 2006 at 3:56:47 am

Whoops :)

Return to posts index

ALbino
on Jun 24, 2006 at 4:07:32 am

For what it's worth I just did a test where I repainted the pupil in with the paintbrush on a new layer, dropped the opacity, dodged it a bit, merged the layers and then blurred it together so it looked like the photograph. It looked iffy at first, but worked out okay in the end. If you didn't know you'd never suspect it.

Return to posts index

MKS
by
on Jun 24, 2006 at 5:28:26 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to search the web for some blue-eyed people with red eye to test with.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]