FORUMS: list search recent posts

Data sets, Text replacement and vertical alignment.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris gormlie
Data sets, Text replacement and vertical alignment.
on Jun 8, 2006 at 10:47:55 am

Hello,

I am using PS-CS2 to generate a few thousand stills for an interactive DVD. I am pulling text from a CSV file in the format of;

"question","answer a","answer b","answer c","answer d"

This data is happily being pulled in by PS as a dataset, and this data set is happily replacing 5 defined paragrah text layers. I can then export the whole thing to imageready and output all my datasets as files.

Its all working as I hoped it would, however...

As the length of the text for the questions and answers can vary from 1 line of paragraph to 4, I need a way to automatically vertically center the text within the paragraph box. I can horizontally align no problem, but I just cant seem to find a way to vertically align text within the paragraph box. I really dont want to have to export it all to thousands of PSD's and do them manually.

Anyone here have any clues as to how I can vertically centre text in a paragraph box either in PS or Imageready? It would save my weekend for watching the world cup.

cheers.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Data sets, Text replacement and vertical alignment.
on Jun 12, 2006 at 8:53:56 pm

There is one way, but you would have to convert the area text layer to a shape layer (layer>>type>>convert to shape). Then create a shape layer the size of the entire document, link the 2 layers, and then with the fullpage shape layer selected use the vertical align.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]